Contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Data Protection Principles We Follow
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
- Personal Data We Gather and Information About Cookies
- How We Use your Personal Data
- Who Else Can Access your Personal Data
- How We Secure your Personal Data
- Our Policy Regarding Children
- Privacy Tools
- Contact Information
- Supervisory Authorities
Identifiable Natural Person:
One who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means.
A natural person whose Personal Data is being processed.
A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not):
Quady Winery and its employed personnel who administer the operations and functionality of Quady Winery websites and databases.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to adhere to the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding our processing practices and activities upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data is gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing and storage of Personal Data is limited to a time period determined necessary for our own technical and legal compliance. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Data Subjects have the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data; for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling and to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processing entity to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request is handled, please contact us.
- Right for assistance from a supervisory authority – meaning you have the right to seek and receive assistance from a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies, such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for processing of your Personal Data at any time of your choosing.
Data We Gather
Information you have directly provided us with
This might include information that is necessary for delivering our products to you or those you designate to receive our products, to enhance your customer experience with us, and to receive physical and/or digital communication from us for various reasons, such as:
- Personal identification information, such as your first and last name, phone number(s), e-mail address, billing, mailing and home addresses
- Credit card and/or bank information for product payment
- Voluntary survey feedback after completing a purchase of our products
- Information you submit through our website contact form or directly email to us
Information automatically collected about you
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your hard drive by a web page server to help users navigate websites and perform certain functions more efficiently. Cookies cannot be executed as malicious code or deliver viruses. Most browsers have the ability to handle cookies with three options: allow, notify the user, or decline. Most browsers are initially set to automatically accept them by default. You can set your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. You also have the option to reject our cookies and still use the site, but you may not be able to access or use some of the features we offer on the site such as placing an order online. If you do not wish to enable cookies but would like to order wine, please call (800) 733-8068.
We may use either session ID cookies and/or persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once a user closes the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on a user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies are used to remember some of the information you’ve given us so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the directions in your browser’s help section.
By showing how and when you use our site, cookies help us see which sections are popular with users and which are not. We then aggregate this information with other pieces of information to improve and update our site to make your experience on our site as valuable and as efficient as possible. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our site, which in turn allows us to speed up your future navigation activities on our site.
We use the following types of cookies for our website operations:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our website services faster, more convenient and personalized for you. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information in future occurrences.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Information from our partners
How We Use your Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
To sell our products to you in compliance with federal and state legal requirements:
- Provide you with the option and ability to legally purchase our products in compliance with federal and state laws
- Notify you about your order status, invoicing and any membership and account updates
- Verify and ensure that all purchase transactions made by you are legal and compliant with federal and state laws
- Verify that as a company, we are in compliance with all federal and state laws and contracts regarding the sale and transport of our products purchased by you
We process your Personal Data to uphold legal requirements in accordance with U.S. state laws, federal laws, and those of the countries outside of the United States we sell our products in. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data for business and legal purposes. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than is legally necessary.
To enhance your customer experience:
- Notify you through digital marketing newsletters about our products, promotions and services after you have given your consent for us to do so
- Communicate and interact with you regarding your club membership (if applicable), questions about our products, our company, and other inquiries and support needs
- Provide you with opportunities to voluntarily offer your feedback about our products and services through direct emails, surveys and questionnaires in order to improve your experiences with our products and services
On occasion, we might process your Personal Data for additional business purposes that are not mentioned in this Policy, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. If this happens, we ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and the nature of Personal Data is suitable for additional processing
- The processing will not harm your interests
- There will be appropriate safeguards in place for processing
We process your Personal Data in good faith, for legitimate business purposes, and/or with your consent.
Who Else Can Access your Personal Data
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate levels of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials only when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure your Data
We safeguard your Personal Data to the best of our abilities. We do this by ensuring that our operating systems and software are closely monitored and updated on a regular basis, under the care of our technical and site administrative teams, as well as the care of our experienced and reputable contracted web development team. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS), and anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable.
Please note: We do not store personal data on any of our websites; this includes credit card information and any other personal information, such as names and addresses. If you have visited our website, your IP address is collected and stored in our secure server for routine security purposes. It is not shared with third parties, nor do we use IP addresses for any purposes outside of the scope of security and business compliance.
We are committed to pursuing all reasonable measures and following all protocol that we can to safeguard your Personal Data; however, we cannot guarantee the security of all information we process and store at all times. In the instance of actual or potential data breaches should they occur, we promise to immediately notify suitable authorities. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
We respectfully ask that all Data Subjects keep account usernames, passwords, and any Personal Data you have control over, private and secure.
We do not, under any circumstances, intend to collect or knowingly collect or process information from children or any person under the legal alcohol purchase and consumption age of 21 years, which is the minimum age to legally consume or purchase our products. We do not target or intend to target children or persons under the age of 21 years with our products, services and marketing efforts.
You have the right to access any Personal Data of yours that we may have processed within our operating system. To access and download any information of yours that might be in this site’s administrative system, please use our Privacy Tools page.
Should you have any questions, concerns or need additional assistance regarding your Personal Data or the removal of your Data, please contact our team via email at email@example.com or call us at (800) 733-8068. You can also use our Contact Form.
As a Data Subject, you have the right to seek additional guidance from or file a complaint with your Data Protection Authority if you believe your GDPR-guaranteed rights have been violated. Data Protection Authorities are specific to their respective European Union countries. To locate the contact information for the authority in your country, click here.
This policy was last updated in February 2022.